Tuesday, October 2, 2012

First Video Project


This video project was the hardest most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. I ran into many technological problems. For example the videos I had previously taken of the interviews had no sounds and would not upload into windows moviemaker. I could only play the videos on iTunes and there was no way to get it to export, it was really irritating. So I came up with a couple of solutions the first one was to record just myself using the computer webcam and talk about the answers that the interviewees had given, but the windows movie maker doesn’t allow you to do it directly from the built in camera it had to be a separate camera, which I didn’t have.  So I kept trying over the weekend but to no avail. On Saturday I gave up and left it for Monday so I could finish it all up on the Mac computers since the iMovie program was said to be easier to use. Well at the Mac lab I received a lot of help from the help desk and was able to upload the movies unto iMovie with no problem and the sound worked. But those technicalities weren’t the only things that made this project difficult, iMovie itself was hard. None of the buttons had a description of what they actually did so I had to guess and check. The movie itself I though was good, for a first time movie. I am happy with the quality of the video though I know it could have been better. I added music/sound effects but I found them to be annoying. I don’t know if you guys would agree but I would love to know for future references. The video also goes very fast but I couldn’t get the clips to run longer then 5 seconds each  but other than that I thought I did a good job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment