Monday, October 15, 2012

Reflection Piece


My goal for this semester and college in general is to do the best I possibly can and keep on top of my assignments which means no procrastination. I found that my courses were relatively easy but most of them required a lot of work. I tend to put things off that are undesirable like homework and projects which has definitely impacted my grades in a negative way. I know that for this class in particular I always slacked on the “Campus Safari” posts because I would always think that I had extra time to do it, but then the weekends would come and I would totally forget about it.  I guess that during this half of the semester, I felt like I did just enough to get a decent grade instead of trying my best and trying to go beyond what I think I am capable of doing. I've had one midterm so far and one on Wednesday but I didn't and haven’t set aside time to study. By some miracle I did very well on my first exam but I shouldn't expect to get that lucky again. For me the biggest issue is just getting into a good work habit, I can’t explain why it’s so difficult for me to just get things done on time but I have to do something to change that. For the semesters to come my new goals are to stay ahead on school work, so that I don’t feel overwhelmed when a lot of work is due. Another one of my new goals is to do the “invisible” work so that I can go that extra mile and earned the grade that I want. As far as what I am going to do to change my procrastinator ways I have no idea. It’s hard to change a habit you've had for so long but I guess I’m just going to have to kick my own but to really stay ahead of the game so I don’t fall back into my old routines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment